Every software team member knows that there’s more to delivering truly great products than writing solid code and having the best of breed tooling. Modern software teams that experience the greatest successes understand that strong leadership of highly motivated and skilled people are the difference, and that building better teams means building better solutions. The practices and techniques that team members use to understand and analyze the problem space, to manage interpersonal communication and conflict, and to deliver solutions that delight the end users are key to their success.
People are not born leaders; leaders are cultivated from anyone who is motivated to make a difference! Whether you’re a leader by title or by necessity, the skills and practices shared in this track will enable you to have more effective interactions with stakeholders, team members, direct reports, even your manager. Whether you’re an experienced leader or an aspiring leader, we have something for you in the Technical Excellence and Leadership Skills track.
Topics in this track include:
- The Art of Resiliency
- What Makes a Great Leader
- Overcoming Imposter Syndrome
- The power of effective performance feedback
- Scrum for Executives, Leaders, and Your Boss
- Techniques for building and leading effective, remote teams
- Agile metrics to inspire and inform continuous improvement
- Words for leaders, communication that inspires and builds trust
- Feedback Skills that will Supercharge Your Effectiveness as a Team Member or Leader