Level: Intermediate to Advanced
Consultant & Trainer
Benjamin Day Consulting, Inc.
Learn what you need to run your load tests in the cloud using Visual Studio Online or on-premise with a Load Test Rig.
It's a common problem. You're getting close to when you're supposed to deploy your new ASP.NET application in to production and somehow it just doesn't seem very fast. Or maybe you've deployed your application in to production and now you're getting complaints from customers that it's just plain crazy-slow or that there are intermittent errors. You've got performance problems. Thankfully, Visual Studio has some great features to help out of this bind.
In this session, Ben will start out with a running Web application with performance problems and show you how to find and fix these performance problems using Web Performance Tests, Load Tests, Unit Tests, Performance Explorer, custom performance counters, and code profiling. Along the way, Ben will discuss what you need to run your load tests in the cloud using Visual Studio Online or on-premise with a Load Test Rig.
You will learn:
- What are the performance testing tools in the Visual Studio world?
- When you have an underperforming app, how do you use the tools to recreate and find the problem(s) in the system?
- How do you use the VS code profiling tools to find problems in the code?
- About load testing in the cloud
- About load testing using an on-premises load test rig