Development, acceptance, and exploratory testing are all required in order to deliver a quality software product. Fortunately, Visual Studio 2017 provides corresponding testing tools and capabilities for a team to perform such a broad spectrum of testing. These tools show Microsoft is a leader in integrated software quality management and testing, as confirmed in Gartner's Magic Quadrant report.
In this session, you will see how to use Visual Studio Team Services to plan and track quality in an agile software development effort. You will also see the different tools and practices for creating and running the various types of tests.
- Development tests: unit tests, integration tests, code coverage, TDD, CodeLens, live unit testing, NCrunch, and IntelliTest
- Acceptance tests: automated and manual UI tests, and load tests
- Exploratory tests: browser-based exploratory testing extension and tours
You will learn:
- How to plan and track the testing effort to ensure a quality software product
- How to create and use development tests in order to build the thing right
- How to create and use acceptance tests in order to build the right thing
- How to find bugs and gather feedback using exploratory tests