Level: Introductory to Intermediate
Learn how you can use Microsoft Release Manager to enable continuous deployment in your (enterprise) organization.
The faster your software is deployed, the quicker you can get feedback. With release management in Visual Studio you can configure, approve and deploy your applications for any environment. You can set up automated deployment orchestrations for each environment with different machines and configurations. Delivering your software more frequently and easily to an environment allows you to get feedback on your product faster. Release Manager enables you to model the release processes, track approvals and sign-offs, and display release status graphically.
In this session I will show you how you can use Microsoft Release Manager to enable continuous deployment in your (enterprise) organization.
You will learn:
- What Visual Studio Release Manager is
- How to define environments, roles and release templates
- How to track releases and manual signoffs
- How to hook up your own custom tooling for install
- How to configure continuous deployments straight from your builds