Level: Introductory to Intermediate
Visual Studio 2015 is no minor upgrade from Visual Studio 2013. This is the culmination many changes, even to areas that have remained the same since the first days of Visual Studio .NET. This session will delve into the details of those changes as they relate to ASP.NET vNext. This includes things like the solution structure, the addition of the wwwroot folder, unit test tool updates, config file changes, project schema changes to leverage JSON and much more. Attend this session to jumpstart your ASP.NET vNext development, and catapult you to immediate productivity instead of wallowing in the surprise of change.
- About the new ASP.NET vNext Project/Solution structure
- About the proliferation of JSON in ASP.NET vNext projects and how to leverage that
- How to understand the overall Visual Studio solution structure and where to put your own files within the new solution structure
- About wwwroot, both its purpose and how to leverage it
- About the new functionality in Visual Studio 15 itself