On-Demand Workshop: Angular - Beyond the Basics
- Access anytime, anywhere, with a computer, tablet or smartphone.
- Interactive content designed for a proven learning experience.
Length of Course: 11 Hours of In-Depth Training
Type of training: Self-Paced, Hands-On, On-Demand
Access: 3 Months
If you want to take your Angular applications from good to great, you need to learn more than the basics of adding a few components and services to a single module. In this On-Demand Workshop, you'll learn advanced application architecture techniques, how to efficiently communicate between components using RxJS, how to maintain state in your apps using NgRx, and advanced techniques for creating Angular services and routes. Along the way, you'll work through lab exercises to solidify your new knowledge and prepare you to build sophisticated and performant medium and large Angular applications.
You will learn:
- How to organize modules, components, and services in a large Angular app to enable development efficiency as well as runtime performance.
- Multiple techniques to facilitate efficient component communication.
- How to configure and manage state in Angular apps using NgRx.
Meet Our Speaker
Brice Wilson is a professional web developer and trainer. He has authored numerous courses for Pluralsight and spoken at conferences on topics ranging from client-side web frameworks to native mobile development. Over the last 20 years he has used many tools and programming languages and worked as a developer and architect for a number of large companies. His current interests are centered on web services and single-page web applications.
You will need a text editor. You’re free to use any editor you like but choosing one with good support for TypeScript code completion is recommended. Visual Studio Code is an excellent editor and will be used during presentations.
You will need Git (any version) installed in order to switch between different versions of the code stored in different branches.
- You will need a computer and have the current LTS version of Node (12.x.x) and npm (6.9.0+) installed on your computer.
- Test your Node and npm installations as well as their versions with the following commands in a terminal:
- node –version
- npm –version
- If you don’t currently have Node and npm installed, you can download them from the following site: https://nodejs.org/en/download/
- Test your Git installation and view its version with the following command in a terminal:
- If you don’t currently have Git installed, you can download it from the following site: https://git-scm.com/downloads