Level: Introductory to Intermediate
There has been an explosion of research on ways to present data in graphical form in the last decade. This is often called Data Visualization or Information Graphics. Whatever you call it, it is becoming a must have skill for UI developers. This session explores the overall visual concepts that make data easier to grasp. Do you know the best way to show data to your users, so that the information is clear and understandable? Come to this session to learn how to make your data shine.
You will learn:
- The concepts of clean modern information design
- The power and pitfalls of the human visual system
- The differences between data visualization, information graphics and motion graphics
- Why time based animation is a powerful data enhancer
- How to spot deception within data visuals