Power BI has been with us in its current form for seven years now. Though it started as a desktop BI tool with a cloud component, it has grown to be a hybrid self-service and enterprise analytics platform with the advent of with Power BI Premium. And now, given Power BI's ever-growing integration points with Azure Synapse Analytics, data warehouse- and data lake-friendliness are becoming a strong suit.
What's the best way to leverage Power BI in an advanced fashion, whether you're a complete beginner, or an experienced, intermediate user? That's what this session is about. We'll cover the basics quickly, then move on to recently added data prep, AI and data warehouse/data lake/big data features.
You will learn:
- The basics of Power BI visuals and reports
- How to build a full semantic model
- How to leverage cool AI features in Power BI
- Using a self-service BI approach with big data volumes of enterprise data
- Elementary and expert data prep with Power Query