In this hands-on lab you will learn how to design and build cloud-native software, how to deploy the code to containers, and how to run your containers in Docker and Kubernetes (k8s).
Along the way you will learn how to install and interact with Docker on your local workstation and in Microsoft Azure. Building on that, you will learn how to install and use k8s on your local workstation.
Using that infrastructure, you will learn how to build microservices and n-tier services in .NET 5 and apps in Visual Studio using web APIs, and message-based services. The back-end services will follow cloud-native best practices around microservice and message-based/event-based architecture, 12-factor design. You'll learn how to avoid the fallacies of distributed computing, and more.
You will also build a client-side Blazor app that can run on any device with a modern browser. This app will make use of the backend services running in containers.
You will learn:
- How to install Docker and Kubernetes locally
- How to build .NET 5 services that deploy to k8s
- How to implement a microservice-based app with a Blazor front-end
- You must provide your own laptop computer (Windows or Mac) for this hands-on lab.
- All other laptop requirements will be provided to attendees 2 weeks prior to the conference.