Level: Intermediate to Advanced
Data Platform Technical Evangelist
In this demo-filled session we will discuss Hekaton from a DBA perspective.
SQL Server's new In-Memory OLTP technology (codenamed 'Hekaton') promises to be one of the most exciting new features to be released when SQL Server 2014 ships. As a DBA you will have a number of questions surrounds its internals, how it should be administered and how it will impact you high-availability design. In this demo-filled session we will discuss Hekaton from a DBA perspective. We will look at Hekaton's architecture and internals, capacity planning considerations, administration considerations and how it impacts your high-availability design. He will also present some use cases and examples of where Hekaton can be used.
You will learn:
- The architecture of memory optimization
- How in-memory is integrated into SQL Server
- The inside-look on how to use in-memory OLTP
- How to work with the new lock-free transaction semantics
- Manageability and supportability of in-memory OLTP