Ever wanted to build a web application that can show real time events as they are happening? Ever wanted to share real time events between multiple browser windows? Want to have a technology that can be used in both web and mobile apps? Then SignalR might be what you are looking for! This new open source technology will abstract away all complexities involved on making real time events happen in your application. SignalR technology enables you to distribute real time events across multiple versions of browsers and provides you with a programming framework that is accessible from all common platforms. You want to send a message from your phone to a web browser client or vice versa? It is all possible with SignalR. In this session I will show you what SignalR is and in a set of Step by Step demos, I will show you how the framework can be applied from different platforms like iOS, Android and Windows (Phone) 8 apps, Web browser clients (all common browsers) and server processes.
You will learn:
- What SignalR technology can bring to your apps and sites
- SignalR architecture and underlying technologies
- How to use SignalR in a web based scenario
- How to use SignalR from C# in applications or services
- How to use SignalR in a cross platform environment like Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Android (previously known as Mono touch and Mono for Android)