Level: Introductory to Intermediate
You have Silverlight on Windows Phone under control, but what about XNA? If you're looking to create a more advanced game with better performance than Silverlight, XNA is the platform for you. In this session, developers will learn how to build an XNA game targeted for Windows Phone. The basics of the platform will be demonstrated while building a simple Space Invaders-type game that would be Marketplace acceptable. Specifically, this session will cover how to deal with user input, play sound effects and music, display animated 2D graphics, and how to create a game that's ready to be sold on the Marketplace.
You will learn:
- The basics of XNA development on Windows Phone 7
- How to handle user input on the device
- How to play sound effects and music
- How to 2D display graphics
- How to package it all up into a game ready to be sold