Ah code reviews. We need them, but we dread them. We do them, but not well. How do we deal with gigantic PRs? Why can't we write effective code review comments? How do we make code reviews shorter? Is SSDaaRB (Single Senior Developer as a Reviewer Bottleneck) something we just have to accept? In this talk, I'll not only answer these questions, but give you actionable advice on how to improve your code review today!
I want to tell you:
- All the things you're doing wrong in your code review, both as an author and as a reviewer
- How to fix all those wrong things
- What we can do to make code reviews WAY better
Let's change the way we do code reviews. Let's do better than LGTM 👍 -- let's make the code review processes on our teams great!
You will learn:
- How to improve as a code reviewer
- How to improve as a code author
- Tactics to optimize the code review process for most software development teams