Level: Introductory to Intermediate
Modern web apps typically consist of web APIs, web front-ends and background jobs. These modern web apps typically store data in multiple data services including relational databases like SQL Server, NoSQL JSON document databases, NoSQL key-value stores, files, and distributed caches. And we want to provide a great experience and great performance for users using edge services for routing requests and caching data.
Azure can sometimes be confusing with the many options available to solve a given problem.
- Should you store data in Blob Storage, Table Storage, SQL Database, DocumentDB or yet another service?
- Should you host your applications in a Virtual Machine, Cloud Service, App Service or Service Fabric?
- Should you do messaging with Queues, Service Bus, Event Hubs or IoT Hubs?
- Should you do background processing in a Virtual Machine, Cloud Service, WebJob or Function?
In this session, you will learn how to build robust web apps and business solutions using the Azure PaaS services. Eric will walkthrough design scenarios and explain the strengths and weaknesses of the services in each scenario to empower you make good design decisions.
Throughout the session, you will see how to develop with several Azure services that complement each other and will ultimately form a robust web app.
If you are building modern web applications, you will not want to miss this session.
You will learn:
- How to architect and build modern web apps in Azure
- What storage and compute services are the best fit for your applications
- How to compose solutions with multiple Azure services