Level: Introductory to Intermediate
Look at the start screen on any Windows 8 desktop. Notice how some tiles are vibrant and alive, showing an updated information stream to the user without the need to open the affiliated application. Windows Store Apps communicate information to the user via live tiles, secondary tiles, toasts, badges and notifications. In this session you'll learn how to change the images and text shown in the main tile. Discover how to create secondary tiles, that provide drill-down access into the heart of your Windows Store application. Also on the agenda, a look at the Windows Toast API, the only approved way to send notifications to your users while your application is not running.
You will learn:
- How to create active and engaging tiles and secondary tiles
- How so send messages via the Toast API
- How to add badges to live tiles
- How to send periodic notification
- Tile improvements in Windows 8.1