You are a (lead-)developer or architect who wants to design and implement a modern Microsoft based microservices architecture using Microsoft technologies. You want to transition from a monolithic architecture to an architecture that consists out of small and independent services that you can scale independently on your different develop, test and production environments.
In this one-day Workshop we will guide you through the concepts behind Micro Services, Containers and Containerized delivery to help you build and manage MSA based systems.
We will show how to build services and deploy them to different hosting environments like Azure ACS (with either Kubernetes, DC/OS or Swarm), Service fabric or on your own on premises container environment.
Topics that will be covered:
- Microservice architectures on a Microsoft Stack
- Containers & Docker on Windows
- Continuous delivery with Azure DevOps of containerized applications
- Setting up ACS clusters with Kubernetes, DC/OS or Swarm
- Deploying to different environments including clusters
- Adding Telemetry to your system to find issues in the constellation of services
- Zero downtime deployments of new versions of your application, including the database
You will learn:
- About Microservices
- How you can apply the reactive manifesto
- How to think in events versus request response
- How to build, deploy, and debug a set of Microservices
- What technologies you can use to build a Microservices Architecture on the Microsoft Stack
- What Container technology has to offer
- About building and running Docker containers on Windows
- How to set up a Containerized Delivery Pipeline
- How to build and maintain a container cluster in the cloud
- How to manage and operate a cluster