Level: Introductory to Intermediate
This session is for anyone who wants to get better understand of the recently-announced Windows Azure Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) offering.
Why should developers learn about IaaS?
- First time ever we have the ability to treat infrastructure as a programmable resource (think of your infrastructure as an Object Model)
- Ability to build cost effective systems (by only turning on the parts of system that are needed and when they are needed)
- Ability to build systems that scale in the direction of business growth ( i.e. add more cache servers, add number of IIS instance, add database shards as needed)
- Ability to take advantage of local, as well as, geo redundant infrastructure to make our application fault tolerant like never before.
A working understanding of IaaS is needed to take advantage of aforementioned benefits!
Suggested Background Reading:
You will learn:
- IaaS Core Concepts
- Azure Virtual Machines and Disk Mobility
- Azure Virtual Network